PDO Thread lift is the latest and revolutionary treatment for skin tightening and lifting as well as V shaping the face. It restrains the skin and wrinkles from the aging process lasting up to 2-3 years!
* The threads are made of PDO ( polydiaxanone ) –a material that has been used in surgery for over 30 years–and therefore very safe. At femEsthetics only sutures FDA approved for use in the United States are used.
* PDO continuously stimulates the production of collagen under the skin and acts as a scaffold –shaping, holding and supporting the skin and underlying tissue from sagging due to gravity.
* The threads are completely reabsorbed in 4-6 months –however the collagen will continue to hold up the effects for another 1.5-2 years.
* The treatment is quick and no special preparation is needed.
* The effects with lifting are instant and natural. The effects with filling are noticed after 1-2 weeks.
* There are no visible cuts or scars and the threads are not visible or felt!
* There may be a minimal downtime of about 1 to 5 days and some bruising may occur.
* It is possible to repeat the procedure or add additional threads.
* Minimal local anesthetic is used.
* The effect can be reversed with RF and IPL energies.
* Side-effects / complications are rare and mild and may include minor bruising / swelling, rippling, dimpling or puckering . This usually resolves within 2 week. Unexpected side effects include infection, asymmetry, keloid, thread protrusion, nerve injury or thread breakage.
Am I a candidate? ‘Thread lifts’ can benefit both men and women who wish to restore youthful appearance without undergoing major surgery, injections, or lasers. This minimally-invasive procedure lifts sagging skin. Ideal candidates are generally healthy and have reasonable expectations for the outcome of their procedure that may instantly take years off your face! Those with some sagging of facial skin, or those who would like to delay the signs of aging in the brow, cheek, jowls, and neck areas are candidates. Younger individuals usually get threads for collagen stimulation and volumization and older individuals usually get threads for both anchoring for lifting and volumization.
Cheek and chin augmentation
Nasolabial folds, jaw line and marionette lines
Smokers lines, double chin and jowls
Tear troughs/ crows feet
Breast lift and decollette wrinkles,
Tummy, knee and calf lift.
Butt and thigh lift.
You may not be suitable if
—you are currently taking any blood thinning medications, Omega 3’s, Vitamin E, Ginko, Ginseng, Garlic, antiinflammatory medications, steroids or neuromuscular blockers.
—you are allergic to Lidocaine or epinephrine
—You have an active infection–including cold sores, cough, cold, fever or rash
—Other reason as determined during your consultation.
Are there any precautions when going for a thread lift procedure?
Avoid the following: makeup for at least 24 hours, excessive facial movements, the sun, saunas, sport and exercise for two weeks, and lasers and heat-based devices, aspirin and NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and ice packs as advised by the doctor.
What to expect during a Thread lift procedure?
The thread lift is an in-office procedure. The treatment areas are marked and local anesthetic given. A needle or cannula is then inserted gently into the subcutaneous tissue plane and the threads placed. Because the lifting sutures have uni or bidirectional barbs – the threads are easily held in place lifting the skin. The filling or smoothing threads may not show immediate effects until 1-2 weeks after the procedure. Treatments commonly take about 45 minutes.